i'll take coffee with that. and make it black.

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I can't believe Christmas is exactly a week from today. The economy must be THAT bad. I see no signs of holiday cheer except for the usual decors at the malls, and a few colored lights along Edsa. On my way home today, I barely noticed any lanterns and lights on houses we passed... and to top off the Scrooge in me, I haven't done ANY gift shopping whatsoever. But tomorrow's another day, so I'm making my list and checking it twice-- This is just me exhausted talking. Better not harbor any more negative thoughts (according to The Secret), unless I want to make them a reality! I'm eager though to make my not-to-do list for next year. I realized just now that I am such a list-freak! My palm has been my haven and eden of organizing all my schedules and endless "to dos". It also contains my list of expenses and boy, was I horrified when I found out how much I spent the past month!
Off the ranting topic, I'm just happy that this year is ending quite positive for me. I love thinking about "this-time-last-year-what-was-I-doing" scenarios, and it's such a relief to know that life's been leading me where I wanted to be. It's funny how we have plans and how we always end up doing something completely different. And sometimes, different doesn't mean bad. Different can actually be enlightening- and even liberating. And even more important, I think I learned how to let go of things (people, situations, bad decisions) and move on--- 'coz there's ALWAYS something better in store. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cressida said...

That's very hard to imagine. I remember Pinas as the decked out and blinding with decorations type of a place. Sad.

5:35 AM, December 20, 2007

 
Blogger the Enemy said...

I guess times have changed :) How's the holidays there? I'm sure cali is bursting with xmas spirit

10:57 AM, December 20, 2007

 

Post a Comment

<< Home