Bohol
I got my much needed break two weeks ago from my trip to Bohol. Spent four days at the beach burying my feet in the sand, getting my dose of some UV sun, a nice photo opportunity, and did I mention lots and lots of food? I can barely contain myself from all the food that was offered, served, and digested!
We left the metro while it was being ravaged by an ugly typhoon, I still can't believe how we managed to get out of Malabon without drowning. I was worried that Bohol was going to be rainy as well, but much to everyone's surprise- the sun was up and shining! The trip from Manila to Tagbilaran was only an hour long, then around 20 minutes from the airport there to our place of destination. We stayed in a really nice boutique resort, Amarela, for four days. It had an amazing view of the sea,a swimming pool, and good food. What more could I ask for? We arrived in the afternoon, had our "meriendinner" of platefuls of pansit, and prepared for our first itinerary- the firefly tour in the evening. It was so much fun! We rented a small boat to take us along the mangroves, and looked for trees inhabited by myriad of fireflies. They looked like christmas trees flashing and burning bright. It was such a treat! Before we headed back, we passed by Alona Kew, a popular resort on the way back, to check out the buffet or dessert menu. They have great pizza!
We spent one whole day touring the rest of the region and took the usual tourist route: the old church (oops I forgot the name), Loboc river tour where you can find the cute Tarsiers, the Butterfly farm, and of course Chocolate Hills. Going up the view point to see the hills was a challenge. It must've been more than a hundred steps or so cause before I knew it I'm all huff and puffs. Well I guess it was worth it, my Harry Potteresque photo was so much fun :)
I didn't get to take so much photos of food since they didn't really have anything out of the ordinary... except for the ube halaya which was so creamy and delightful! I will also miss the salty fried danggit which I had for breakfasts. The Peanut Kisses, which Bohol is known for, are also yummy- peanut-filled meringues that are really sweet and crunchy! Oooh I should've bought more of those...
Four days seem to short for such a wonderful experience of sight-seeing and beach bumming, and I will definitely come back for another vacation. The best part of my trip was getting to spend time with my aunts and my cousin, Monica! It was such a laid-back and relaxing time for all of us :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home